FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW DOES LASER HAIR REMOVAL TREATMENT PROCEDURE WORK?
The laser device applies a concentrated light beam (laser) which targets the darkness of the melanin pigment in the hair follicle and destroys the follicle. Laser hair removal targets hair in its active growing phase (human hair is not always growing). Usually, that is about 10% - 20% of the hair in the treatment area. Hair follicles in their active growing stage will die and fall out in 2 to 10 days. Depending on the treated body area, we will wait 6 to 8 weeks for your next treatment. This period allows a meaningful amount of the remaining hair to move into the active growing phase so that your next treatment removes the maximum amount of hair. Therefore, most clients will need 4 to 8 treatments to achieve maximum results.
• Laser hair removal is proven to result in hair reduction for all skin complexions,
• Causes the least discomfort among effective alternatives available today, and
• Is cost effective when one considers the benefits over a lifetime.
WHICH LASERS DO WE USE AT STUDIOMD?
• Cynosure Elite iQ™
The Cynosure Elite iQ™ is designed with the most advanced technology in laser hair removal for fast, safe, and effective treatments. Containing an FDA-approved melanin reader, the Cynosure Elite iQ™ allows the treatments to adjust to your exact skin color and type, finding the perfect setting just for you.
• Candela GentleMax®
The GentleMax Pro features dual wavelengths, elevating the science of heat and light to a new level of cosmetic and medical laser treatment. It incorporates a 755 nm Alexandrite and a super 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser, resulting in a system that performs to the highest level. The Candela GentleMax® laser machine gives exceptional results for hair removal, as well as, for numerous skin condition treatments, like superficial wrinkles, creases, and lines, facial & leg veins, and age spots.
WHAT ARE COMMON LASER HAIR REMOVAL TREATMENT AREAS FOR WOMEN AND MEN?
We have been treating nearly all parts of the body since 2008 at LasertTouch. These include commonly referred areas such as Arms, Full legs, Beard, Chest, Lower legs, Cheeks, Neck, Buttocks, Nostrils, Back, Genitals, Ears, Shoulders, Thighs, Eyebrows, Abdomen, Feet, Forehead, Breast, Bikini line, Hairline, Lower Back, Half Arms, Underarms, and Hands.
WHERE IS BEST LASER HAIR REMOVAL NEAR ME IN NYC / MANHATTAN?
Our locations in Soho and Midtown are conveniently located to main train stops in NYC, near you. Our specialists have been providing best laser hhair removal NYC since 2008 and we are a leading provider of medical cosmetic servives in NYC.
WHY CHOOSE STUDIOMD FOR MY LASER HAIR REMOVAL PROCEDURES?
We simply offer the best laser hair removal service in New York City. We have nearly 10 years of experience with laser hair removal and our laser devices, offer the most effective variety of laser technology, exercise a proprietary safety protocol, utilize nine laser units for hair removal, and stand behind our services.
StudioMD is the premier laser hair removal center in Manhattan and New York City.
♥ Most advanced laser technologies and state-of-the-art facilities
♥ Client-friendly service offering with free touch-ups and payment plans
♥ Complementary consultations and test procedures
♥ Proprietary safety protocol
There is no better place to get started than the location of choice for New York's fashion and art communities.
WHAT IS LASER HAIR REMOVAL COST NEAR ME?
Our locations providing laser hair removal are located in Soho and Midtown. Both locations offering laser hair removal NYC are priced competitvely and provide utmost quality in services and technology. The price range for laser hair removal NYC is in the $79 to $399 range depending on the part of the body as well as the hair density.
WHAT IS THE PRE-TREATMENT PREPARATION FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
1. The treatment area needs to be shaved to skin level , although a days hair growth may be necessary and helpful so that the area that requires treatment is easily recognizable.
2. You must avoid waxing, plucking, threading or electrolyses of the hair for 4-6 weeks prior to treatment. The laser needs the hair at skin level in order to effectively destroy the hair follicle.
3. Avoid the sun exposure for 4-6 weeks prior to treatment. The lighter skin allows more energy to be delivered to the target. A "skin" bleaching cream such as Hydroquinone may be started 4-6 weeks before treatment in order optimize results. Please consult with a StudioMD technician before such treatment.
4. Be sure that the treatment area is fully washed off and has no makeup, medication etc.
5. Be certain that you are not on medications such as Accutane, Retin-A, Gold Therapy etc, at present or within the past 6 months. These medications, and several others, can make your skin susceptible to damage from the laser. If in doubt, please ask us for a list of the aforementioned medications.
6. Laser treatments for hair are not recommended if you are pregnant.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL POST TREATMENT CARE?
1. Avoid bathing or washing with very hot water, Use tepid water. Wash gently. Keep the area clean.
2. Do not shave the treated area for at least 4 days after treatment.
3. Avoid any irritating medications or chemicals. Examples of these are Retin-A, Benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid or astringents.
4. Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 3 weeks after treatment. Protect the area with a sunscreen of higher than 30 SPF or else the skin may develop hyper-pigmentation/hypo-pigmentation marks.
5. The treated area may become pink, red, inflamed, or even blistered within 30 minutes and in rare instances last several hours to several days. Regular application of ice, cooling gels, Hydrocortisone or Neosporin is important for relief.
6. Do not wax, pluck, thread or use depilatories for the hair that grows back.
7. After laser treatment, hair may continue to grow out as if it were never treated. Typically this will occur for about 2-3 weeks and then those treated hair will simply begin to fall out.
8. Generally it is best to wait 4-6 weeks between treatments. There is no advantage to scheduling your visits closer together even if you do not see immediate results. The laser only targets hair in the growth phase. The next growth phase is generally in 4-6 weeks.
WHY LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
Conventional hair removal, shaving, waxing or depilatories, have been time-consuming and have provided short term results. With the early laser technology, effective hair removal was possible but was expensive and painful. Now, with newer technology, affordable and comfortable laser hair removal in New York City is possible. Treatments are safe, simple, and quick, with virtually no side effects and minimal discomfort.
Although laser hair removal in New York City has been available for nearly a decade, within the last couple of years the technology has improved dramatically. Laser Hair Removal can now be done quickly, safely, effectively and comfortably. You may see significant hair reduction of up to 85% to 90% after four treatments.
Using the world's most advanced and powerful lasers, Candela's GentleLASE® and GentleYAG, Cynosure Elite, Cynosure MPX and Cutera Xeo, StudioMD provides safe, affordable, fast and efficient hair reduction in Manhattan. FDA cleared for hair reduction, our lasers reduce ingrowns in all skin types, including tanned skin.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
Laser hair removal has many advantages over other hair removal methods, including efficiency, cost, and results. StudioMD NYC, as the best-in-class laser hair removal and medical aesthetics center provides all of these advantages and more.
EFFECTIVENESS: Laser hair removal is proven to significantly reduce hair. In most cases, hair is reduced by 85-90% after six treatments. The lasers we use are FDA approved and have been evaluated as the most effective in peer-reviewed medical journals. These sophisticated lasers target the root of the hair so specifically that they not only eliminate very dark and coarse hair, but are also the most effective lasers for the removal of fine hair and even hair with a light brown root. Click here to reach scientific reports and studies on the effectiveness of laser hair removal.
AFFORDABILITY: We never insist on paying for packages up front, our clients can pay per treatment. We are confident that our lasers' great results will bring our clients back for completion and follow up treatments. Cost is determined by the size of the area, hair type, thickness and other factors. It is best to come in for a complimentary consultation to hear about our prices.
EVALUATIONS and CUSTOMIZATION: Before, During & After: Your safety and satisfaction are our primary concerns. Our laser practioners perform test spots and assess hair and skin types for treatment eligibility. We thoroughly review every client's skin type and hair color to determine customized treatment settings before and during the treatment.
SAFETY: We use patented cooling devices for cooling the skin surface during treatments. That means more comfortable treatments and eliminates the need for topical anesthetics.
TRUTHFULLNESS: No False promises. We explain what works and what doesn't. Our first priority your health and your satisfaction and therefore we educate you about your skin, our services, and the best options to achieve your goals.
CONFIDENTIALITY: Our laser providers and professional staff understand the intimate nature of laser hair removal and are accustomed to addressing our clients' most private concerns. You can rest assured that anything discussed or treatments performed at StudioMD will remain discreet and confidential.